My Progress

Friday 17 July 2015

Recipe | Harrisa Spiced Sweet Potato Salad

I love warm salads, and the other day I was rummaging around in the kitchen, trying to find something that would be warm, comforting, and yet still healthy. This harissa spiced sweet potato salad is what I came up with, and it was delicious, and only 236 calories.
It's really quick and easy to make, and really tasty too.


Cut the sweet potato into cubes, place on a baking tray with a little oil (I used coconut butter), and add half a tablespoon of harissa spices. Mix together and place in the over at Gas Mark 5, for 20 minutes or until soft.
While that cooks, chop up 1 cup of raw spinach and place in a dish. Add half a can of drained chickpeas, season with half a tablespoon of harissa spices, salt, and pepper.
Once the sweet potato is soft, remove from the oven and add to the salad.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment