My Progress

Thursday 22 June 2017

Pulsin Bar Review

Hi all,
It's been a while since I posted, but I have an interesting post to share today. I was contacted by Pulsin asking if I'd like to review some of their products. So, first off, I'd like to say a big thank you for Pulsin for sending me some bars to try.
This review will reflect my personal opinion about the products that I tried. If you'd like to find out more about the brand and what they offer, you can check them out HERE.

Review

Packaging

I really love the design of these products. When I opened the package they looked so appealing. It's definitely the kind of thing I'd be drawn to in a shop if I saw them, and I'm always on the lookout for healthy snack bars so this one would catch my eye.

Taste

I tried three different bars. Super Berry Raw Choc Brownie. Orange Choc Chip Protein Booster and the Vanilla Choc Chip Protein Booster. I was also sent a box of three Peanut ones, however, I don't like peanuts so these were gifted to my sister.

Vanilla Choc Chip

This one was definitely my least favorite of the bunch. I didn't like the taste much, but the thing which disappointed me the most was the texture. I've had a few different bars before, with varying degrees of success, but this one was probably my least favorite of any brand I've tried. The texture was very dry, leaving a film on my tongue that was unappealing. It's definitely not a bar I'd choose again.

Orange Choc Chip

Better than the Vanilla one, I actually liked the taste of this one a lot more. There was a definite taste of orange and the chocolate taste was pretty decent too. Though not as dry as the Vanilla one, this bar still has a drier texture than I'd like and still left a bit of a weird film on my tongue. However, the taste was good so I may consider getting this one again.

Super Berry

My favorite of the bunch. I found both the taste and texture of this bar to be so much better than the others. The berry flavor shone through well and it was a lot moister than the other two bars. I liked that there were pieces of fruit inside the bar, which definitely helped with the moisture. Of all the bars, this is the one I'd be most likely to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment