My Progress

Sunday 8 March 2015

Welcome to A Skinny Fit

Hi all,
Welcome to my brand new health and fitness blog, A Skinny Fit.
I decided to create this blog, because over on one of my other blogs Messy Little Moments, I'd started to write about my weight loss and fitness journey quite a lot. I really love writing about fitness, and I've been doing a lot of dieting, exercise and fitness stuff recently, and I'd like to share things with people. I didn't, however, want Messy Little Moments, to turn into a purely fitness blog, because that isn't what I started it for. So the natural next step, was for me to create a dedicated fitness blog. Hence, A Skinny Fit.
Here I'll be talking about my weight loss journey. Sharing my progress and goals. Writing about different exercise programs I try. Diets I follow. Share inspirational fitness things I come across and some healthy food ideas as well.

So, a little about me.
My name is Hannah. I'm 23 years old, and I'm a self published author. You can find out all about my general interests over at Messy Little Moments and all about my love of books and writing over at The Book Tower.
Back in 2008 I was a UK size 6-8. I was happy with my weight, but that wasn't going to last. In late 2008 I was diagnosed with P.O.T.S, an illness that severely limited the amount of activity I could do. For a long time I was struggling with my health, and I still don't have it under control, though it has improved over the years. Being at home, unable to do very much without fainting, made the weight start piling on. 
I was eating too much, not moving enough and before I knew it, my waistline was creeping up and it got to the point where I was weighing over 9st. I wasn't happy. So I decided to join Weight Watchers in 2009. I went with my mum, and for a while I was doing well. I never got down to goal, but I did lose some. Then I decided to leave Weight Watchers, and for a long time I yo-yo dieted but bad habits soon crept in.
By September 2014, I was weighing in at 13st 3lbs. I was wearing a size 16 and I was really unhappy with my weight and the way I looked in general.
So, I decided to start on a 30 days of fitness challenge. In those 30 days, I lost 11.5lbs. My mum and younger sister had joined weight watchers a couple of weeks after I started my fitness challenge, so I decided to join with them. I consistently lost weight with Weight Watchers, but in January this year, despite sticking to plan, my weight started staying the same, and then going up a bit. I needed a change, so I left Weight Watchers, and started trying it at home. 
In total so far, I've lost 40lbs, I have 28lbs left to go and I want to share my journey.


Current Weight
10st 5lbs

Goal Weight
8st 5lbs

Lost So Far
40lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment