My Progress

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Recipe | Pumpkin Spiced Latte (Skinny Fit Style)

Hi all,
Autumn is here, and with it comes the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, which I am a little bit obsessed with. At Starbucks, a Tall Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte with no whipped cream is 200 calories. This isn't too, and I'll admit that when I'm near a Starbucks, I'll most likely go inside and grab myself one. However, my closest Starbucks is around twenty five minutes away by car and I don't drive. I, also, don't always have the money to splash out on a latte when I want one.
So I thought I'd try my hand at making my own latte. This recipe is one which I figured out simply by putting the ingredients I thought would work together, and mixing them in the best way I could think of, and I was pleased with the results. It doesn't taste exactly like the Starbucks drink, but it's really tasty, and less calories too!
If you track your food on MyFitnessPal, you can find this under Pumpkin Spice Latte (Skinny Fit).
It's quick and easy to make, and the perfect drink for autumn. So here's how to make one in your own kitchen.

Ingredients
Serves 1 | 139 Calories
150ml Skimmed Milk (You can use other milks, dairy free milks etc, but it may adjust the calories per serving)
2 tsp coffee granules
1 tbsp Pumpkin Puree (canned)
2 tsp Coconut Sugar (You can use other sugars if you prefer, however you may need to adjust calories)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1tsp Nutmeg

Method

Mix together the milk, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Blend together in either a blender or whisk it until all the ingredients are combined.
Put this mixture in the microwave to heat it for around 45 seconds.
While the milk mixture is heating, make up your coffee, you'll want to fill your mug about a third of the way with coffee. Mix it well to dissolve all the granules.
Once the milk mixture is heated, pour it into your coffee and stir.
If you want to add a little extra spice to your latte, then go ahead and sprinkle some nutmeg and cinnamon over the top.
Also, at this stage, if you want to add a little extra treat, and some extra calories! You can add whipped cream before dusting with the spices.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment