My Progress

Monday 22 January 2018

Harissa Baked Feta | Recipe

Hi all,
This month I've been trying to add a little variety to my diet and experiment with some new things, and I wanted to share one of the recipes I threw together.
It's a super simple, healthy and tasty meal. Perfect for a quick lunch.

I love feta, but previously I've not really done anything to it. I have it cubed or crumbled over salads or sometimes pasta dishes and that's it. But, I wanted to try something new, so I was browsing Pintrest and I came across a baked feta recipe. I'd never thought to bake it before, so I was interested. The recipe I saw was for breaded baked feta, but I didn't want to do that since I'm currently gluten free, so I started looking around my kitchen for other things to try and I came up with this and I was so happy with the result. It was slightly gooey and tasted amazing! So, I wanted to share the recipe.




Harissa & Lime Baked Feta

& Salad

Ingredients

  • 60g Feta 
  • 2tsps Harissa Spices
  • Juice of half a lime
  • Salt and Pepper
For the salad

  • Red onion
  • Avocado
  • Cucumber
  • Spinach
  • Cherry Tomatoes
*I added a gluten-free oatcake as well, but you can use any kind of cracker or leave this out.

Method

Cube the feta into small pieces. In a bowl, add the harissa spices and lime juice and mix to thoroughly coat each cube.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Line a baking tray with baking paper or foil and add the feta to the tray. Place in the center of the oven on gas mark 5 for 15 minutes.
While it bakes, chop your salad veggies and arrange (or toss) them into a bowl.
After the 15 minutes, take out the feta and serve!
Enjoy.

Until next time,

H.

No comments:

Post a Comment